During preoperative counseling and your hospital stay you have been counseled above your post operative diet at home and you have also gone through the Bariatric Bible. However to reiterate please read the following instructions
- Please read the detailed instructions in the Bariatric Bible
- Small sips of liquids to be consumed the entire day.
- Advised liquid intake of total 2-2.5 liters per day
- Do not use straws
- Carbonated beverages and sugars are strictly avoided, E.g Coke, Pepsi, soda, limca, sugar, honey and gur etc.
- No fruit juices are allowed.
- Do not consume alcohol
- No smoking post surgery
- STOP drinking if you feel fullness, pain or discomfort. Heaviness in the chest is a sign of fullness.
Phases of Diet
Phase I – Clear liquid diet – first 2-4 days
Phase II – Full liquid diet – first 2 weeks
Phase III – Puree Diet – 2 -4 weeks
Phase IV – slow progression from soft to normal diet as guided.
Do not change your diet without consulting your doctor or dietician